Explore Our Comprehensive Services


Blood test, blood samples on a laboratory form
Missouri WIC and Nutrition Services Logo
Syringe with vaccine Cartoon
Children hand drawn vector set
Fraternal newborn baby sleeping
Public Health Logo
Students sports balls with a chalkboard background
State Of Missouri Logo


The health department offers CPR/AED/First Aid training through the American Red Cross. A blended learning format is used. Students do part of their learning in a virtual classroom online. After completion of the online portion, students will meet with instructors to do the hands-on skills demonstration. For more information on scheduling a CPR class, contact Tracy at: Mail to tracycarman

American Red Cross Training Flyer Template
Cigarette and tobacco harm flyer template

Smoking Cessation

A smoking cessation program is available to the residents of Caldwell County. This is a six-week program, and nicotine replacement therapy is provided through the use of nicotine patches. Three visits to the health department are required. This is a FREE program available to any Caldwell County citizen age 18 and older. For more information, contact Tracy at Mail to tracycarman

Various bacteria cells and virus
Resturant inspections banner


Many Missouri state guidelines outline how a food service establishment, food processor, and licensed child care facility will be opened and inspected in Caldwell County. The following basic requirements are the starting point for opening and maintaining a food service establishment. Applicable requirements for owning and operating a food processor and child care facility follow.

Food Establishments
Please call or email the Caldwell County Environmental Public Health Specialist at (816) 586-2311 or Mail to davidfickess if you are planning on opening a food service establishment. Some initial set-up requirements are included in the following document, but not all requirements are outlined in this document.
Requirements for Food Service Establishment
Food Processors
Temporary Food Vendor Guidelines
http://health.mo.gov/safety/foodsafety/pdf/TempFoodServiceGuide.pdfPlease call the Caldwell County Environmental Public Health Specialist at (816) 586-2311 if you will be vending food at an event in Caldwell County. An inspection of the food vending set-up will need to be done prior to the vendor conducting sales of food to the public.
Farmers Market Vendor Guidelines
http://health.mo.gov/safety/foodsafety/pdf/FarmersMarketsBrochure.pdfEach county or city may have additional ordinances or guidelines. Prospective Farmers Market Vendors should contact the city and county in which they plan to vend their products.
Jams, Jellies, Honey, and Baked Goods
http://health.mo.gov/safety/foodsafety/pdf/JamsJelliesBakedGoodsBrochure.pdf Food Labeling for Resale
* Name and address of the producer, manufacturer, or distributor
* Ingredient statement, with ingredients listed in descending order of predominance by weight
* Nutrition Facts Statement following FDA-approved format (unless exempt)
* Common or usual name of the product (must be fully descriptive and not misleading)
* Net Weight (quantity) statement in both English and metric units
Onsite Wastewater Treatment
Onsite Wastewater Installation and Repair Permits
Please call the Department and Health and Senior Services for a septic system installation or repair permit.
(573) 751-6095
(866) 628-9891 (toll-free)
Fax: (573) 526-7377
Registered Onsite Wastewater Installers
http://health.mo.gov/living/environment/onsite/counties/Caldwell.phpMissouri Child Care Licensing and Regulation
Lead Poisoning
Private Water Testing
If there are any questions about the above topics, please call or email the Environmental Public Health Specialist at Caldwell County Health Department at (816) 586-2311 or Mail to davidfickess